Villa Verde is offering a fixed-price Valentine’s Day menu for two from 5-10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14.
Couples may choose two entrees and one bottle of red or white wine from the Villa Verde wine list, along with one appetizer and one dessert to share.
Three outstanding special entrees will be offered to choose from:
* Pasta el Pescador (Fisherman’s Pasta) — shrimp, lobster, calamari and mussels served on pasta in a garlic and white wine sauce;
* Wonder Land and Sea — two filet mignon medallions with a wine reduction sauce and two sauteed scallops served with roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables;
* Zenon Steak — flatiron steak topped with 2 shrimp and sauteed vegetables served with tropical rice.
(A tropical vegetarian plate will be available as an option, if a guest desires.)
Appetizer choices are:
* Fritura de Pescado — lightly breaded and fried grouper bites with a dipping sauce; or
* Shrimp empanadas — pastry pockets stuffed with shrimp filling and fried to a golden brown.
Dessert choices are:
* Coconut flan; or
* Pineapple rum cake.
The cost of the special couples menu is $85. Reservations are recommended. If you make a reservation before noon on Feb. 12, you will receive a $10 discount (for a cost of $75 per couple). Call 689-6005.
Villa Verde’s regular menu will be available for lunch on Feb. 14, but only the couple’s menu will be served from 5-10 p.m. so the kitchen can focus on this elevated dining experience.
Follow the Facebook page for Villa Verde Dominican Restaurant in Greenville, NC for specials and updates.